Strata Titled Properties
St Ann’s Living is Tasmania’s newest and most innovative community lifestyle development, offering a complete lifestyle solution for people over the age of 55.
While living within this modern development of 120 homes, your life can be as busy and active or as quiet and tranquil as you would like. A range of social opportunities and services are available at St Ann’s Living and this handbook has been prepared to ensure a harmonious community atmosphere is maintained.
The following guidelines also provide general information about life within the St Ann’s Living community.
If you have a question regarding any of this information or would like to suggest further inclusions in this handbook, please do not hesitate to contact the St Ann’s Living Manager on 1800 083783.
We welcome those who are both working and retired, and we are focussed on encouraging active, sustainable, healthy and innovative living, it is important you are aware that as a resident of St Ann’s Living your rights will be protected by the Tasmanian Government’s Retirement Villages Act 2004 (the Act). Under the Act, St Ann’s Living is required to provide you with “Village Rules” and a “Notice of Rights under the Act”. These are both contained within this handbook.
Fact Sheet of St Ann’s Living Strata Title Units
- The resident will own both the unit and the land
- Fencing will be erected for owners at their request
- Owners may have pets on Managers approval
- Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave included
- Split system air conditioners will be fitted in these units
- Maintenance on these units will be carried out by St Ann’s Living
- St Ann’s Living will operate a bus service to shopping centres
- Gardens and lawn mowing is included in your monthly fees, along with your rates and water
- All residents have access to our community centre, café, hairdresser and beautician
- Fully accredited Residential Aged Care facility on site
- Deferred Management fess apply on exit
- 10% for the first year plus
- o 5% for the second and each subsequent year capped at 30%.
St Ann’s Living Community Charter
Residents have a shared responsibility for the safety, comfort and well-being of the community and of the individuals who live within it.
- Residents must respect the personal privacy, lifestyle, dignity and choice of other residents.
- Residents are encouraged to use the facilities provided throughout St Ann’s Living for their own health and wellbeing.
- Residents are encouraged to be active members of the St Ann’s Living community and to maintain strong links outside the local community.
- Residents’ guests are welcome to share community facilities. Residents are at all times responsible for the actions of their guests.
- Residents are encouraged to reduce consumption of resources, and to re-use and recycle shared and individual resources.
- Residents are required to respect, and conserve as far as possible, the natural and built environment.
- Residents are required to maintain their private gardens and allotments and the exterior of their dwellings to an acceptable standard.
- Residents are required to respect and conserve the amenity and tranquility of the St Ann’s Living community – this aspect of community life must be remembered when:
- holding parties, barbecues or other celebrations
- using and parking cars
- housing and caring for pets
- playing or listening to music or other entertainment
- disposing of rubbish